Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

2022-01-25

Could I self define the meaning of bipolar disorder? I really thought I could do so because I had all the experiences of being a guy with such an issue. I also doubted that the experts for example the psychiatrists, they have all the required knowledge but most of them do not have any experience. 

And then, my mentor reminds me that I'm not qualified to go against the experts by defining my own terms for bipolar disorder. It's because my own judgment has become faulty. First of all, why do I want to define the meaning of bipolar disorder? This is the common mistake for all the people with bipolar instead. While everything becomes good and stable for a long time, we often think that we might be misdiagnosed with such an illness. 

Why I have such a thought? Recently, I had an appointment with my psychiatrist. Everything was going well with me, so I maintain the same dosage of my medication. I love asking questions. So, I asked my psychiatrist whether should I inform people about my mental health condition. I used to think that, if it's necessary, then I must inform someone about my mental condition. However, the psychiatrist advises me not to inform anyone if possible. He says, if someone knows about my condition, people might have bias looking at me. He means, in such a way, I would put myself in an unfair situation. 

This is really true! I do not have anymore advancement in my current job due to my managers know my mental health condition. No matter how good I perform, all the other colleagues would be promoted besides me. A lady almost wanted to be my girlfriend but the whole relationship ruined when I told her frankly about my condition. It is clear that the world cannot accept me having such a mental illness. 

Actually how I wanted to define bipolar disorder? An illness which needs long term medication to balance the hormones in the brain so that the mood could fluctuate in an acceptable range.  

No comments:

Post a Comment