Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 17, 2021

 2021-01-17

Due to a strange accident on the last day of 2020, my femur was fractured. A major operation had been done on 4th January 2021.

The pain feeling was massive and truly hard to bear. I had to transferred from a general hospital to a private hospital because lack of surgeons and not enough operation room during such a pandemic. Experienced the swab test and it was really uncomfortable. I could only transfer to the private hospital after my result was negative. 

For the first two nights, the pain feeling almost paralysed me. Fortunately by the end of the second day, I knew how to manage the pain and refused taking pain killers. However, the pain persisted, just that I already got used to it. An anesthetist explained to me the quite complicated anesthesia procedure because of my bipolar disorder. For my bipolar friends, please remember to inform your doctor that you have bipolar disorder. The anesthetist never gave me a full body anesthesia because I might have problems to wake up again. 

It's really a long recovery process. My femur can be totally healed in 6 till 8 weeks but I need longer time to involve in marathon, duathlon and triathlon again. According to another doctor, I might need at least 4 months to have a complete recovery. I have to make sure that I'm always have a calm and stable mood. Although I wish to walk smoothly as soon as possible but I give time to myself for recovery.

Everything will be fine. The pandemic shall cease and I would surely walk normally soon. Keep taking my medication faithfully. So do all my bipolar friends who read this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment