Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 17, 2020

 2020-12-17

It's ironic that we accept the concept which emphasises "everyone is unique" but we all tend to follow the so called 'universal standard'. Surely it's unavoidable to compare ourselves with someone else. As a result, it always seems we are much worse than almost everyone. 

Besides, we already learned that comparison is the thief of joy but we still keep comparing. Why must we do all sorts of things to feel worse and worse? Not only for mental illness people, even for the majority also would fall into the same trap. They keep saying that happiness is very important but keep doing things which make them feel terribly depressed. Why? Most probably being the best in every aspect is the root cause of happiness for such people. The cruel fact is, who could really be the best? 

Please stop compare with people. Human beings are imperfect, and hence never ever tend to be perfect. And also, imperfection is the true perfect. A good example is, if a pianist play a piano piece with all the notes 100% correct and timing 100% correct and all the expressions 100% correct, the piano piece is not perfect at the end. Why so? Who wants to listen to a piano piece which sounds 100% robotic?! In brief, 100% perfect is 100% NOT perfect at all!

I accept myself to be truly imperfect, having such a mental illness gave me a dead sentence to be a perfectionist. However, it also saves me from being a perfectionist, it gives me freedom for NOT being a perfectionist. I used to be a perfectionist, and wanted everything to be 100% perfect. At the same, I was suffering hard for having such a thought. 

And now, I have a different standard than other people, never compare with the people but myself only. It's really great to compete and be better than my old self in the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment