Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 30, 2016

2016-06-30

It's really tough to take the daily medication for bipolar disorder obediently. For sure it's absolutely normal that the bipolar disorder patient tends to avoid it if possible. Unbearable side effects? Yes, it's uncomfortable. 

After a few months, it's normal for the patient to gain weight for at least 10 kg. Dizziness and numbness feelings throughout the whole day. During the few months, I was walking like a zombie. Moreover, I could hardly speak fluently and my movement was extremely slow and difficult. I was discharged from a psychiatric ward in September 2014, and the first few months was torturing. 

Why do I keep taking medication? It's solely because of love. Who wants a son with this kind of mental illness? It's really a sad case for my parents to have a son who has this tragic illness. I'd always remember my parents' face expression when they saw me in a psychiatric ward for my very first relapse in the UK. 

All these years, I was trying every single method to have a healthy lifestyle. I had been trying to stop my medication for years and one of my psychiatrist even suspected I might had been cured. Unfortunately, this illness can never be cured for time being. I have no other option but take medication every day. 

Yes, there are more to do but taking medication is the first step. My friends, do not forget to take your medication. 


No comments:

Post a Comment