Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 26, 2016

"26th May 2016"
This is life, always full of unexpected troubles which are far beyond your imagination. I purposely applied for a full day leave to submit everything for applying a part time PhD course at a university. I really thought I have fully prepared everything as required. Unfortunately, the admissions office of the university still wants something more.

I understood that it's always a tough task to apply for a course at a university but I did not expect it could go beyond my ability. For my master course in the UK, I had spent for a long time to deal with all sorts of headache procedures and successfully went through every single procedure. Remember that I went to the UK Embassy in Malaysia to apply for a student visa, I went there not once but 4 times. When I was there, I overheard the conversation between a lady with an officer there, "How many times I have to come here to sort out all these things? I already came here for over 10 times!" Wow, for over 10 times! Obviously I was much luckier than the lady. 

It's really absurd that the admissions office of the university has doubts with my official transcripts from the university I studied in the UK. It ends up with the university wants verification from my previous university that the results shown in my transcripts are true. I thought this should be their responsibility to make sure that my results are true by requesting my previous university themselves. For example, someone goes for interview and the person submits his certifications to the company. Does the person has to get verification from the university or the administration office of the company checks for it? I have no questions that all my photocopies are needed to be certified but surely not verification of my original official transcripts. 

Whether I would have the chance to study in the university is still an unknown. I have done everything I could and waiting for the feedback from my previous university. Anyway, as I have said in the first line, this is life and anything might happens.   


No comments:

Post a Comment