Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 18, 2016

"18th February 2016"
There were times that tears rolling in my eyes and felt so lost, times when I couldn't speak a word but sighing, times when I needed a hug or someone who would pat my shoulder. It's true that everyone does experience some sort of emotional moments, ups and downs from time to time. What is the main difference between us and other people? Our feeling is too much, every type of feeling will be amplified through our senses.

Frankly speaking, this so called 'ability' is awfully hurt. I could remember the first time I went to Nottingham, and I always had the chance to have meals with a group of friends, about 12 or more people. Almost every time after each meal, I would feel exhausted till I had to paralyse in my bed. At the beginning, I had no idea at all what was happening to me until a friend told me that she noticed I would be like this after having a meal with a big group of friends. Then I realised it was true because I was absorbing the feelings from all my friends, trying my best to take care of each of them so that no one would be left out. When someone was feeling down and quiet, then I would think about a topic about the friend and cheer him or her up at once. Hence, after several hours, I would be desperately exhausted.

How to minimise the feeling? How to be with a big group of friends and won't feel exhausted after a long time? After years of trying, the feeling can never be minimised but can view it from a different perspective. The feeling is like the wave of a sea, so I choose to surf upon the wave not being drowned underneath it. And then, no need to absorb all the feelings from everyone but focus on one or two friends only. If feeling depressed, then try to avoid sitting around negative thinking friends but stay close with some cheerful friends. Sometimes, when heart starts to ache and feel like crying, then immediately leave the place and walk to somewhere else. After a while, wait until the mood is under control, then only return to be around with people.

It's always easy to escape and isolate ourselves from the people. We tend to choose this path of isolation. The fact is, the more you stay in your own world, the more you don't have to courage to meet people. A problem can never be solved if you avoid to face it. As a result, always choose to face your problem. I still do not have an ideal solution for my problem but I have decided to face it boldly.

No comments:

Post a Comment