Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 9, 2015


"9th September 2015"

There are lots of people with this mental health issue refuse to take medication. For them, medication itself is a slow attempt of suicidal action. Every time we take it, it acts as a reminder that we have mental illness problems. Moreover, nausea feeling and weight gain problems are very common. When you search online about medication for mental illness, you would get lots of information about it. Thus, I want to share with you something else.

Until today, I admitted psychiatric ward for 5 times. About a year after my second discharge from the ward, I decided to stop my medication but continued to turn up obediently for my appointments with psychiatrist. Psychiatrist was shocked and warned me about the consequences for no taking medication but he respected my decision. The life without medication continued for 8 years and a psychiatrist even told me maybe I had been fully recovered from this illness. When I heard this news, I was really over excited! Unfortunately, I eventually got another breakdown and admitted psychiatric ward for 2 months.

After discharged from the ward, I decided to stop my medication again. I told my psychiatrist (not the same person) that I could live a normal life without medication for 8 years. He again respected my decision. Sadly, after one year plus, due to break up issue with my ex-girlfriend, I got another relapse. Stayed in the ward for two weeks and then discharged. That time, I still refused to take my medication. Not long after, I admitted the ward again for the fifth time. It was very obvious to me that I must take my medication or else I will return to the ward again.

Why am I keep taking my medication? No choice, I don't want to admit the ward again. If possible, I really wish to stop taking medication. Anyhow, I understood it was pretty hard to get back a normal life after each and every breakdown. Enough is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment