Total Pageviews

Friday, December 18, 2015

"18th December 2015"
My aunt in Singapore asked me about the medication I take because her neighbour's daughter is suffering with the same mental illness as I. I told her that I take 200 mg (one tablet) of sodium valproate (commonly known as epilim) daily. Normally, the dose should be 1200 mg (six tablets) of epilim daily. According to my aunt, her neighbour's daughter always feels dizziness and tired, and she's only able to teach 2 to 3 pupils a day. Later, my aunt found out that her problem is very choosy on food, she doesn't want to eat so many types of food. Whether this is true or false, frankly speaking, I do not know.

What I know is, every patient is different, very different. All the mental illness people have their own unique maze and they have to walk out from the maze by themselves. Unfortunately, even the other patient who has the same problem cannot give a hand in helping them to walk out from the maze. It does sound depressing anyway. It's important that we need to keep taking medication on time but we also need to feedback to our psychiatrists about the side effects of the medication. Do we really trust our psychiatrists? If they know our problems, surely they will look for another more suitable medication.

Mindset is another tough issue. I know there are some articles saying that we should not judge the mindset of the mental illness patients because they are born to be like this. Of course they do not use this sentence, but this is the hidden meaning that I get from their articles. We as mental illness people have to change our mindset. I repeat, it is necessary for all the mental illness people to change our mindset. I think, the better mindset should be, although we may be different from other people, but we can still have a normal, happy and healthy lifestyle, and also we may go on for our dreams.  

No comments:

Post a Comment