Total Pageviews

Friday, November 20, 2015

“20th November 2015”
Last night, I debated with a friend about predestined versus free will. My friend believes in predestined but I believe in free will. Although he’s generally a healthy guy with no mental illness but he always thinks that he has been made terribly with poor cells in his body. He thinks he has no choice but to accept the fact that he’s totally useless.

How come he has such a pessimistic thought? So, I tried to convince him that we do have free will in choosing what we want to be. Even though we might face troubles and obstacles outside, but in our heart we are still free to choose whatever we want. People might lock up our bodies in jails, but no one can ever lock up our minds. I remember when I did something bad in the ward here some nurses tightened me up in my bed for the whole day. I’d lost my freedom but my mind was still in a free state.

No one can control our mind if we never surrender to anyone or anything. My unstable mood will for sure affect my daily life. Unfortunately, it will definitely distort my mind in having hallucinations and hearing non-existed voices. How to have a healthy and normal life? It’s my choice to choose medication in order to stabilise my roaring mood. Most mental illness people would think that having medication is an action of disgrace. For me, I choose medication as a weapon for me to fight against the monster (roaring mood) in my heart. As long as the roaring mood is under control, I would have a clear mind to do anything I want to accomplish.


Free will is important. All of us have the power to change something in the world with our free will. The power behind the free will is hope. Do not lose hope in life. Without hope, we are just walking dead or zombies in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment