Total Pageviews

Friday, September 18, 2015

"18th September 2015"
Nottingham is a special city for me. It was an amazing place which I could discover myself. Never thought that I would get a scholarship from the Nottingham Trent University to study my final year in an engineering degree course at the university. I got number one in my course for two years and then had the chance to fly to the UK to study my final year in Nottingham.

Everything was going smoothly at the beginning. I fell in love with a girl but she rejected me to be her lover. It was a fact that everyone from my country who could study in the UK was from a wealthy family besides me. It was stressful to count every penny daily to make sure that I wouldn't over spend the little amount of money that I brought there. The reason for her to reject me was because she thought that I was a dull boy having a bored life and only thinking about studies. Of course I couldn't have the lifestyle as the rest and I didn't join them for Europe tour due to insufficient money. Her choice was a guy who was studying PhD as a reseacher.

One night I went into her room and told her that I loved her. She was shocked and told me that she just wanted me to be her friend. I was mad and told her that I didn't want to be her friend. My mood roared crazily in me. After that, I hardly calmed down for a few days and started doing something which was out of my mind. Sent weird text messages to my friends and walked around the city as a living corpse. Later, my friends brought me into a hospital because I was totally insane. This was my very first breakdown.

She didn't dare to visit me while I was in a psychiatric ward. She asked someone else to bring grapes to me because she knew grape was my favourite fruit. My parents flew for a long distance to visit me. NTU generously rented a house for my parents. Before my parents turned up, a lady was taking care of me as her son. The wonderful lady became my god mother.

After discharged from the ward, I talked to her again. Told her that I would like to be her friend. She was glad and smiled like an angel. There were lots of versions for my first relapse. No one really knows which was the true version. I loved her so much and couldn't accept her rejection. It was not her fault and I didn't want her to feel guilty.

Because of her, I looked for helps from my lecturer. He became my mentor until today. Although I couldn't get first class for my degree, ended up to be second lower due to medication that caused my brain not thinking straight and couldn't memorise anything, but I met my dear mentor, dearest god mother and a very good friend in Nottingham. This should be called a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment