Total Pageviews

Friday, November 4, 2022

2022-11-04

No post for September and October, but there is a post for November eventually. No doubt, a routine lifestyle is terribly boring, and I admit it wholeheartedly, especially working a routine job. However, we need to have a job. A job for us to support ourselves. 

As most of the bipolar disorder people, we cannot handle high stress jobs. Thus, I'm working as a humble low level engineer, taking care for some systems in a company. It's really a suitable job for me because I do not have to deal frequently with people but machines only. Of course, I cannot avoid myself to deal with difficult customers from time to time.  

For my own experience, we should keep our bipolar identity as long as possible. If possible, it's much better that I never tell anyone about it. The main reason should be, once people know about our mental problems, they will look at us differently. The key word should be 'bias'. People should see us as how we truly are without labelling us as "bipolar people" right at the beginning.

Working as an engineer is also quite stressful when all the systems go crazy. The customers could be quite demanding in asking me to solve all the problems as soon as possible. When the stress level explores, I will get into unnecessary quarrels with the customers. Of course,  I always try to avoid quarrels the best I could. 

There was once I broke into a quarrel with a customer, and then I had to tell the customer frankly about my mental problems. Since then, I have no quarrel with the customer anymore. Fortunately, he understands my problems, and stops pushing me so hard since that day.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment