Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 16, 2016

2016-06-16

We have been told that we lack of a kind of hormone in our brain to control our mood and this is the root cause for our mental illness. Actually there is no machine to conform our disability. They have a list of questionnaires to judge whether we are normal or abnormal. 

Since 21st century, more and more people have been categorised for having certain kinds of mental illnesses: depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), adult attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD/ADD), and schizoaffective disorder. These 7 are the main mental illnesses currently. Most probably, psychiatrists will add some more other mental illnesses into it and the list will be longer. 

I have been told by a therapist that one out of four experience a kind of mental illness in his or life. One out of four?! Yes, one out of four, the number is really scary. If the purpose for this blog is written to those with or have been experienced mental illness, then my readers are tremendously massive. 

Everyone is unique, and we have freedom to think whatever we want. Our body might be bond somewhere - institutionalisation, but our mind is absolutely free and can fly around with wings. What's the message for today? I take my medication, accept the label by psychiatrists that I have bipolar disorder but I know and I'm sure that my mind has the freedom to fly around with wings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment